Great Reasons Why YOU Should Study at UPNG
We encourage you to accept our invitation to come and study with us.
The following facts of our Premier University will help you decide to come to
the University of Papua New Guinea.
- Just celebrated 38 years of success and accomplishment in providing high quality education for all;
- Graduated over 9,000 persons since 1965, among them Prime Ministers, Members of Parliament, bureaucrats, doctors, entrepreneurs, judges, scientists and others from our own shores, neighbouring Pacific Island countries and a number of other countries;
- Have a Grade Point Average (GPA) system equal to other international universities to assess our students' progress;
- Introduced the Problem Based Learning (PBL) program, internationally accepted curriculum for medical schools and universities;
- Introduced a new four year Bachelor of Nursing degree program from 2002;
- Introduced automated teaching aids for lecturers commencing in the 2002 academic year;
- Constructed a new quality 240-bed residential facility for our international students;
- Signed a number of agreements with recognised international institutions for research collaboration, with others yet to be signed;
- Commenced a major drug discovery program exploring PNG medicinal plants and animals;
- Established a Research and Postgraduate Studies School to offer higher degree level programs;
- Established five new Research Centres;
- Have an ongoing Students Exchange Program with the University of South Pacific, Ryukus University in Okinawa and Waseda University in Tokyo, Japan.
- Our tuition fees are the lowest in the world and we provide the cheapest education but of high standard.
- The new millennium marks the beginning of a new era in international student recruitment to enhance our expatriate students' portfolio on our two Campuses.