The STudent representative Council (SRC)
The Student Representative Council (SRC) of the University of Papua New Guinea is an elected body by the students, of the students and for the students. Student Representative Council creates an effective and a conducive environment for the students to pursue their studies, promotes ethical, moral and spiritual values of the students, promotes social life of the students and desires to establish an appropriate and a suitable channel of communication between the students and the University Admirations, and other stakeholders.
The activities of the Student representative Council cover basic priority areas:
- It creates an effective and a conducive environment for the Students to pursue their studies
- It promotes Ethical, Moral and Spiritual Values of the students
- It promotes Social Life of the Students.
- It desires to establish an appropriate and a suitable channel of communication both to the students and the UPNG Admirations, and other stakeholders.
1. Creating an effective and a conducive environment for the Students to pursue their studies
- Printing & Photocopy
- Informing the Physical Facilities Management Davison regarding maintenance of lecture and tutorial rooms.
- Academic Debates, Seminars, and Workshops
- Installation of Radio Internet.
2. Promoting Ethical, Moral and Spiritual Values
- Crusades, Spiritual Seminars, Fellowships,
- Awareness of moral and ethical values
- Zero tolerance of Alcohol
- Healthy Awareness of living and relationship
3. Promoting Social Life of the Students.
- Sports activities
- Cultural shows
- South Pacific Games
- Golden Jubilee Anniversary of the UPNG
- 40 Year of Independence Celebration
- Entertainment (Battle of the bands, UPNG Quest)
- Neon Night ( 1st year Female students)
- Vice-Chancellor Cup
4. Chanel of Communication
- Campus FM radio
- Web Sites
- Social Networks
- Question Boxes
- Radio for accessing Internet