All students, parents, and sponsors are advised of the UPNG Fee Structure for the 2022 Academic Year, as approved by the University Council. Ensure that you read the accompanying notes for clarification. All fees are in PNG Kina.
Compulsory Fees Payable by All PNG Citizen Undergraduate and Honours Students.
|Waigani Campus||Taurama Health Scieces||Taurama BOH/BOS, MBBS, DAS||Taurama Nursing|
|K3, 115.00||K3, 115.00||K3, 768.00||K3, 606.00|
Fees Payable by Undergraduate South Pacific Students and Other International Students.
|Band||South Pacific Students||Other International Students|
|Medicine and Health Sciences||K11 276.00||K23 417.00|
|Natural and Physical Sciences||K9 596.00||K19 105.00|
|Computing, Nursing, Creative/Performing Arts, and Language||K8 479.00||K18 430.00|
|Psychology, Mathematics, and Social Work||K7 632.00||K16 307.00|
|Accounting, Business, Law, and Other Humanities and Social Sciences||K7 118.00||K15 190.00|
Accommodation Fees for Residential Students (inclusive of meals)
|Fee Category||Waigani Campus||Taurama Health Sciences||Taurama BOH/BOS, MBBS, DAS||Taurama Nursing|
|Basic Twin Share||K8,562.00||K8,890.00||K10,247.00||K9,883.00|
|Single/Double with Ensuite||K11,072.00||K11,665.00||K12,861.00||K12,476.00|
|Games Village (Twin Share)||K12,000.00|
Notes on Fees
- New Students
- The Compulsory Fee for PNG Citizens has changed, but that fee for South Pacific and other international Undergraduate students will remain the same as in 2021.
- Compulsory Fees payable by Postgraduate Students and International Students, including South Pacific Students and dependents of UPNG Expatriate Staff, will also remain the same as in 2021. This does not include residential, service charges, administrative, or SRC fees, which are paid as additional fees.
- All new students who have been selected to study at the UPNG will receive a Letter of Offer and an Invoice for the payment of the Compulsory Fees, in full, by Friday 4 February 2022.
- New students must pay the Compulsory Fees, in full, by Friday 4 February 2022 to avoid the automatic withdrawal of your offer and place at the University.
- Online and blended learning is now a requirement, so all new students who have been selected to study at UPNG must come with your own laptop. Full, upfront payment can be made at the University during registration.
- New and Continuing Students
- FFees payable by students on TESAS Scholarships may be adjusted, based on the level of subsidy specified by the Department of Higher Education, Research, Science, and Technology (DHERST) under TESAS.
- Please note that accommodation on campus is not guaranteed. The allocation of available rooms in the halls of residence is subject to full payment of the compulsory fees prior to completion of the Online Application Form for accommodation. Upon successful acceptance of each application for accommodation, respective students and their sponsors must pay at least 50% of the Board & Lodging fees by Wednesday 16 February 2022. If you require accommodation upon your arrival on campus, you must pay, in full, the compulsory fees, and at least 50% of the prescribed accommodation fees, as advised, prior to taking occupancy of your room on arrival.
- The refundable Security Bond fee of K250.00 must be paid by all first-time residential students before occupying their allocated rooms.
- Continuing Students
- Any continuing students who fail to meet the minimum GPA requirements for progression into the next year of his/her studies MUST NOT RETURN to the University in 2022. If you are unsure of your status, please contact your respective School office immediately.
- Students are fully responsible for the payment of outstanding fees that have not been paid by their respective sponsors from previous years, including 2021.
- Student debtors will only be allowed to register, if all outstanding debts accumulated up to, and including 2021, plus the Compulsory Fees for 2022 are paid IN FULL by Friday 4 February 2022. Otherwise, DO NOT RETURN to the University.
- No Letter of Guarantee will be accepted as a requirement for students to register. All fees must be paid in full, by the required deadlines in order to register.
- All fees must be paid electronically to “UPNG TUITION FEE ACCOUNT NO.: 1000584013; BSP; WAIGANI BRANCH”. The details of such electronic payments will be made available on the University website in the near future.
- Any bank fees charged for individual deposits will be recovered by the University.
- The compulsory fees of K3,115.00 for Waigani Campus, and for most
undergraduate programs that are offered by the University have all been
approved by the University Council.
DR. PETER H. PETSUL (Ph.D)