This notice serves to inform the graduands for the 65th Graduation Ceremony concerning the proper attire, as per the STRICT University General By-Laws that govern the ceremony. All graduands must pay their K600 Graduation Fee by Monday 2 November 2020 to be eligible to graduate. The list of eligible graduands, by School and ID number can be confirmed with the Executive Officer in your respective School.
The University of Papua New Guinea, Public Relations and Event Management is responsible for all graduation attire, including the provision of measurements of garments. There are:
- Two pieces of garments to be worn by Bachelor Degree awardees - normal specific Gown and Hood;
- Two pieces for Honour Degree awardees - normal specific Gown, and Deep Hood sewn with specific Ribbon measurement;
- Two pieces for Postgraduate Degree awardees - special Gown sewn with specific Ribbon measurement, same with Deep Hood; and
- Three pieces for Masters Degree awardees - special Gown sewn with specific Ribbon measurement, same with Deep Hood and a Mortar Board.
The Gown will be strictly by University Approved By-Laws - ORIGINAL Colour in Adonis blue of quality fabric, as well as the hood. However, ribbons will be sewn at the edges of the hoods with specific measurements to distinguish between the different Schools and programs. Each School has its own distinct colour for the hoods (ribbon):
- School of Humanities & Social Sciences- 1 ribbon colour for all.
- School of Natural & Physical Sciences- 1 ribbon colour for all.
- School of Law- White 1 ribbon colour for all.
- School of Business and Public Policy - 3 different ribbon colours for different programs.
- School of Medicine and Health Sciences – 7 different ribbon colours for different programs.
Graduands who will be awarded Diplomas will wear Gowns only.
If you are not sure of your graduation status, you must immediately contact the Executive Officer of your respective School.
- Rehearsals will be held in the Drill Hall at UPNG on Thursday and Friday, 5-6 November 2020 starting at 9.00 a.m. All graduands should attend their respective School rehearsals.
The 65th Graduation Ceremony will be held over three days, at the Sir John Guise Indoor Stadium, each day’s graduation will commence at 9:30 a.m.
The order of School Graduation will be as follows:
- Monday 9 November : 9:30 a.m. School of Business and Public Policy
- Tuesday 10 November : 9:30 a.m. School of Humanities and Social Sciences.
1:30 p.m. School of Natural and Physical Sciences
- Wednesday 11 November : 9:30 a.m. School of Law
1:30 p.m. School of Medicine & Health Sciences
ALL COVID-19 PROTOCOLS OF SOCIAL DISTANCING, HAND SANITIZING, TAKING OF TEMPERATURE, AND THE WEARING OF MASKS MUST BE FOLLOWED. NO MASK, NO ENTRY.
As a prerequisite to graduate, all fees, fines, and charges must be cleared prior to the date of the graduation ceremony, including the payment of the Graduation Fee of K600, to UPNG General Fund Account (Graduation Fee and your full name), No.: 1000583572, BSP, Waigani Branch, by Monday 2 November 2020.
- Graduating students are responsible for their own travel and accommodation for the graduation ceremony.
- Anyone who is under the influence of liquor will not be allowed to participate in the graduation ceremony.
- Anyone who is not wearing the proper approved attire will not be allowed to participate in the graduation ceremony.
- Purchase of graduation attire will be strictly at the University Public Relations & Event Management Office.
Payments should be made to UPNG Trust Fund Account (Gown Purchase and full name); No.: 1005374648, BSP, Waigani Branch. No later than Thursday 5 November 2020, provide Original Bank Stamped Receipts showing payment to PREM with your full name for measurement and pick up of your graduation attire.
For more information regarding graduation, please contact:
Dr. Peter Petsul