The School of Humanities and Social Sciences produces high-level, trained manpower, conducts research, and provides advisory services to stakeholders in:
- Anthropology and Sociology;
- Creative Arts;
- Gender Studies;
- Journalism and Public Relations;
- Information Communication Sciences;
- Linguistic and Modern Languages;
- Literature and English Communication;
- Political Science;
- Psychology; and
- Social Work.
The School offers both undergraduate and postgraduate programs. It also houses a research centre, Melanesian and Pacific Studies Centre (MAPS), and the Melanesian Institute of Arts and Communication (MIAC).